Best Hotels in the Meatpacking District, New York City
Ready to check out the Meatpacking District? We got you. This quintessential New York City neighborhood is always awake, buzzing as an epicentre where industry meets nightlife.
Nestled between Chelsea and the West Village, the Meatpacking District rocks historic cobblestone streets while welcoming new institutions of fashion, design and business. Whether you’re biking the High Line, enjoying the new home of the Whitney, or chowing down at Chelsea Market, the Meatpacking District has plenty to do with hotels to match.
Why We Love the Meatpacking District
Named for its roots of slaughterhouses, the Meatpacking District has grown into a glamorous and trendsetting location. Here are just a few of the many reasons why we think the Meatpacking District is your next favorite spot.
- Hip hotels: This one’s a given. Hotels in the Meatpacking District are some of our favorites in the city. From vintage details such as exposed brick and beams to rooftop bars for mingling with locals, the hotels of the Meatpacking District always come to play.
- High Line: What does New York City do with an abandoned rail line? Turn it into a park, of course. This elevated green space goes right through the Meatpacking District and is perfect for an afternoon stroll, a morning coffee or an evening of people watching. Check out the many public art installations along the way and catch views of both the skyline and Hudson River.
- Modern Art: In 2015, the Whitney Museum of American Art moved to this modern location in the Meatpacking District. The museum is a world leader of contemporary American art, focusing on the work of living artists. The collection, which comprises over 21,000 works, is known for featuring experimental, groundbreaking pieces.
- Food Heaven: When you come to the Meatpacking District, you’re gonna eat and you’re gonna eat well. Chelsea Market is a fancy food hall renowned for its wide range of restaurants and vendors. From chocolate to cheese, tacos to coffee - you will find something you can’t resist.
- Shopper’s Dream: Some of the best high-end shopping can be found in the Meatpacking District. From big names like Diane von Furstenberg (her headquarters are upstairs, keep an eye out!) to under the radar boutiques like In Support Of, there’s endless opportunities to get your fashion on.
Where to find the best hotels in the Meatpacking District, New York City
Looking for the best last-minute hotel deals in the Meatpacking District? HotelTonight lets you book amazing hotels tonight, tomorrow or beyond at incredible rates. Just search Meatpacking District, New York City with HotelTonight and find a great hotel at an even better price.