Best Hotels in Downtown, San Diego
Headed to Downtown San Diego? Woohoo! We’ve got your back with some killer hotels lining the Gaslamp District and beyond. Discover the vibrant urban side of America’s Finest City by strolling down 5th street. Then cruise over to explore the vast Balboa Park and nearby world famous Zoo.
Functioning as the heart of the city, Downtown San Diego features cultural attractions of all kinds. Whether you’re catching a Padres game at Petco Park, hitting the Gaslamp nightclubs, exploring the waterfront or grabbing a bite in Little Italy, Downtown has plenty to offer and we’ve got hotels to match.
Why We Love Downtown, San Diego
From skyscrapers to the ocean, here’s why we dig Downtown.
- Hot hotels: Looking to stay right in the heart of San Diego? Downtown is the spot and we’ve got the hook-up for the hot hotels you crave. From modernized mainstays housed in classic buildings with posh amenities and sleek lobby bars to fun heavy hitters with rooftop pools, onsite restaurants and easy access to the happenin’ Gaslamp - we’ve got it covered.
- Night on the town: If you’re headed to Downtown San Diego, chances are you want to hit the Gaslamp Quarter. Named for the historic area’s signature vintage streetlights, the Gaslamp is a 16-block neighborhood stacked with more than 100 of the city's best restaurants, bars, nightclubs and boutiques.
- Family fun: There’s more to Downtown San Diego than the party scene. Take the family to explore Balboa Park’s endless museums from interactive science to natural history. Or swing by the central New Children’s Museum for a real kiddo treat. Enjoy a nice spring or summer afternoon at Petco Park cheering on the Padres or head to the world famous San Diego Zoo to spend a whole day with the animals.
- A taste of Italia: Just north of Downtown San Diego, you can find Little Italy. The lively neighborhood is packed to the brim with patio cafes, fave local breweries and exciting new restaurants. Find some Top Chef alums here serving up culinary greatness, then wash it down with a great glass of wine in the fresh San Diego air.
- More to explore: San Diego has many attractions easily accessible from Downtown. Whether you’re hitting the beach for some sun, checking out Sea World, grabbing margaritas in Old Town or heading out to the racetrack in Del Mar - you’ll find plenty to keep you busy in San Diego.
Where to find the best hotels in Downtown, San Diego
Looking for the best last-minute hotel deals in Downtown? HotelTonight lets you book amazing hotels tonight, tomorrow or beyond at incredible rates. Just search Downtown, San Diego with HotelTonight and find a great hotel at an even better price.