Best Hotels in Del Mar, San Diego
Headed to Del Mar? Lucky you! From beautiful beaches to legendary horse races, this iconic California town has been a key destination since the golden days. Icing on the cake? Some seriously sweet hotels.
Known for its fairgrounds and horse races, Del Mar is a popular spot in the Summer. But with historic charm, superior restaurants and world class beaches, Del Mar can be enjoyed all year round. Whether you’re in town for the county fair (We smell funnel cake!), sporting a big hat to opening day at the races, taking a hot air balloon at sunset or doing a little boutique shopping, Del Mar has plenty to offer and we’ve got hotels to match.
Why We Love Del Mar, San Diego
Old town charm with a high-end lifestyle. Here’s why we love Del Mar.
- Superior hotels: Looking for a sweet hotel in Del Mar? We got you. From historic boutiques with marble bathrooms and plush bedding in every room, to easy going resorts with fun extras like table tennis - we’ve got everything you want for your stay in Del Mar.
- Hit the track: Break out your big hats and best suits for a day at the Del Mar Racetrack. Second largest after Santa Anita, this racetrack is well-known and well-loved across the country. Enjoy the summer in the shade, placing bets on the fastest horses. Then, stick around for the seasonal concert series in the evening.
- Beachy Keen: Del Mar offers lots of beach time. Check out the famous coastal Highway 101, lush wildlife reserves, scenic lookout cliffs and parks along the ocean for family fun. Del Mar City Beach has some of the best swimming plus easy access on every block of 15th street. If you have a pup, check out The River Mouth (aka Dog Beach.)
- Fair-ly Fun: Held every summer, the San Diego County fair makes its home at the Del Mar fairgrounds. Like many American style fairs, it’s known for its variety of novelty fried foods (yes, they have fried butter.) There’s also rides, a petting zoo and exhibits of all kinds.
- More to explore: San Diego has many attractions easily accessible from Del Mar. Whether you’re hitting the beach for some sun, catching a game at Petco Park, checking out the pandas at the Zoo or hitting the bars in the Gaslamp - you’ll find plenty to keep you busy in San Diego.
Where to find the best hotels in Del Mar, San Diego
Looking for the best last-minute hotel deals in Del Mar? HotelTonight lets you book amazing hotels tonight, tomorrow or beyond at incredible rates. Just search Del Mar, San Diego with HotelTonight and find a great hotel at an even better price.