Best Hotels in the Tenderloin, San Francisco
Not exactly as tender as the name implies, the Tenderloin district of San Francisco is known for its gritty streets and seedy characters. However, like many rough ‘hoods, the Tenderloin borders some of the most popular areas in the city. If you follow our lead, you can find sweet places to stay, away from the riff-raff.
Bad reputation and all, if you know where to go, you can find killer nightlife and eats around the Tenderloin. Whether you’re catching a show at the Warfield, chowing down on beignets at Brenda’s or strolling up Powell street - there’s plenty to see in and around the Tenderloin with hotels you’ll love nearby.
Why We Love the Tenderloin
From concerts to karaoke, speakeasies to soul food - with us as your guide, the Tenderloin can be your San Francisco diamond in the rough. Here’s why we dig it.
- Hip hotels: Around the edges of the Tenderloin you can find design-y boutiques with dazzling lobbies, swanky establishments with turn down service and low-key inns with all the basics. Whatever you’re looking for, we have hotels up and down the blocks surrounding the Tenderloin.
- Night life: Hidden among the grit and grime of the Tenderloin are some seriously sweet hangouts. From the secret speakeasy Bourbon & Branch where lights are dim and drinks are strong to the swanky rooftop at Charmaine’s, where the people watching is as good as the view - the Tenderloin is crawling with gems.
- Grab grub: Getting hungry? You’re in luck. The Tenderloin holds some of San Francisco’s faves like Brenda’s French Soul Food, where the beignets are hot and the po’ boys are poppin’. Indian more your jam? Check out Burmese Kitchen for a no-frills-but-all-the-flavor meal.
- Good neighbors: The Tenderloin borders on some of the most populated sections of San Francisco. From Mid-Market and Union Square to SoMa and the Financial District, there’s lots to experience right nearby.
- Catch a show: The Tenderloin is home to several popular San Francisco venues. Catch an indie band at the Warfield, grab dinner and an intimate performance at Great American Music Hall or see your favorite rapper at Bill Graham.
Where to find the best hotels in the Tenderloin, San Francisco
Looking for the best last-minute hotel deals in the Tenderloin? HotelTonight lets you book amazing hotels tonight, tomorrow or beyond at incredible rates. Just search Tenderloin, San Francisco with HotelTonight and find a great hotel at an even better price.