Best Hotels in Fisherman’s Wharf, San Francisco
Did you even go to San Francisco without spending time in Fisherman’s Wharf? From nautically themed suites to classic mainstays, we’ll get you the hotel you want in Fisherman’s Wharf.
Known for its postcard views of the bay and endless bread bowls full of clam chowder, Fisherman’s Wharf in San Francisco is beyond iconic. Whether you’re checking out the sea lions, hopping on a boat to Alcatraz, biting into a warm loaf of sourdough at Boudin or just basking in the seaside air - we have the hotels you need in Fisherman’s Wharf.
Why We Love Fisherman’s Wharf
From the fresh seafood to the classic San Francisco vibes, here’s just a few reasons why we love Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Classic hotels: Instead of staying in the midst of the skyscrapers, why not plant yourself right by the water? From a modern mainstay complete with heated pool to a lowkey staple with all the basics - Fisherman’s Wharf is ready and waiting for your arrival in San Francisco.
- All aboard: When you’re by the bay, you gotta get on a boat. It’s the only way to really see San Francisco. Plus, cruising under the Golden Gate Bridge is quite an experience. Whether you take a sailboat, a tour boat or an excursion to Alcatraz - the views from the water are unbeatable.
- Chow down: The food options in Fisherman’s Wharf are unprecedented. Score the freshest Dungeness crab served steaming hot at the outdoor stands or slurp up chowder at one of the many restaurants. Peep the “mother” of sourdough at Boudin’s bread factory and savor a slice (or loaf). For dessert, you can toodle down to Ghiradelli Square for everyone’s fave: chocolate.
- Family first: Fisherman’s Wharf is the ultimate playground for the whole family. Concentrated attractions will keep the kids entertained for hours. Visit the sea lions at Pier 39, giggle at exhibits at Ripley’s and Madame Toussads, check out the fish at the Aquarium of the Bay and visit the nearby Exploratorium for science fun.
- Transit city: Fisherman’s Wharf has impossibly close access to the F train which runs down Market Street all the way to the Castro. Stops along the way include the Ferry Building, Embarcadero, Financial District, Powell Street and Civic Center.
Where to find the best hotels in Fisherman’s Wharf, San Francisco
Looking for the best last-minute hotel deals in Fisherman’s Wharf? HotelTonight lets you book amazing hotels tonight, tomorrow or beyond at incredible rates. Just search Fisherman’s Wharf, San Francisco with HotelTonight and find a great hotel at an even better price.