Best Hotels in the Presidio, San Francisco
This is where it all began. From a native land and an Army post to the national park it is today, the Presidio is where the heart of San Francisco lives. From a plush inn right in the midst of things to lowkey mainstays on the outskirts, we’ve got the hotels you want to stay in near the Presidio.
Known for harnessing some of the most famous views in San Francisco from the Palace of Fine Arts to the Golden Gate itself, this 1,500 acre park is both a local and tourist fave. Whether you’re getting active at Crissy Field, getting your history on at Fort Point, or getting some sun (stay away, fog!) at Baker Beach - there’s plenty to see in the Presidio with hotels you’ll love nearby.
Why We Love the Presidio
Stretches of green, an iconic bridge and tales of yesteryear - what’s not to love? Here’s why we dig the Presidio.
- Sweet hotels: Whether you’re looking for something impressively charming (think red brick and fireplaces) or wanna keep it casual in a tried and true classic, we got you. Options surround the Presidio from basic to luxe so all you have to do is choose.
- Golden rule: Whether it’s your first time or your fiftieth, taking in the view of the Golden Gate Bridge from the Presidio can bring on all the SF feels. Walk, bike or drive across to experience its true gravity. Marin and Sausalito sit right on the other side offering killer skyline views.
- It’s all green: At 1,500 acres, the Presidio has a whole lotta ground to cover. As one of the lusher areas in the city, the green landscape seems to last forever. Admire the architecture of the Palace of Fine Arts and brush up on your Civil War facts at Fort Point.
- Good neighbors: The Presidio sits on the edge of San Francisco’s Marina District - a mainstay for young folks who love bar hopping and yoga classes (sometimes in the same night.) Share punch bowls at Palm House, enjoy happy hour at the Dorian and delve into pizza at Delarosa.
- Beachy keen: This may be California but the beaches of San Francisco aren’t always warm and sunny. Most of the time you’ll need at least a hoodie to enjoy the sandy landscape. That being said, just off the Presidio, Baker Beach and Crissy Field offer picture perfect views that are totally worth bundling up for.
Where to find the best hotels in the Presidio, San Francisco
Looking for the best last-minute hotel deals in the Presidio? HotelTonight lets you book amazing hotels tonight, tomorrow or beyond at incredible rates. Just search Presidio, San Francisco with HotelTonight and find a great hotel at an even better price.