Best Hotels in Downtown, Las Vegas
Ready to get old school? Downtown Las Vegas is just the place. Right out of a Sinatra song, this historic district holds the heart and soul of the legendary Sin City.
Home to celebrated casinos like the Golden Nugget, Downtown Las Vegas lives and breathes the real, cool old Vegas lifestyle. Whether you’re hitting the rat-pack era casinos, braving the ultimate zip line, enjoying live music on Fremont Street or checking out the Neon Museum - we’ve got your back with the best hotels in Downtown Las Vegas.
Why We Love Downtown, Las Vegas
Above all, we love Downtown Las Vegas for being the real Vegas. But just for good measure, here’s some more reasons we’re fans of this historic district.
- Historic hotels: Hotels in Downtown Las Vegas take you back in time. From refreshed 70s classics rumored to be haunted by Houdini himself to mid-century meets modern digs with luxe poolside charm - we’ve got just the hotels for your Vegas vacay.
- Lady luck: I mean it would be kinda weird if you hit Downtown Vegas without stepping inside a casino. Not only are they everywhere, these are some of the oldest and famed casinos in Vegas. Some offer free pulls at big slot machines to jumpstart your luck and all of them give you those Vegas-in-the-60s feels.
- Fremont Street: The Fremont Street Experience is like no other. The focal point of Downtown Vegas, this five block area is jam packed with 24-hour fun. Under the 1,500 canopy covering the street lives the famous “Vegas Vic” cowboy, along with many other famous neon signs. Here you can ride the SlotZilla zip line, catch a live concert and enjoy the many light shows on the ceiling.
- Iconic signs: Neon signs are one of the most recognizable parts of the Vegas experience. But where do they go when they’re no longer needed? Here in Downtown Las Vegas, you can visit the Neon Museum, a non-profit housing retired signs from the glory days. Enjoy a guided or self guided tour and check out the visitors' center housed inside the former La Concha Motel lobby.
- Grub on: You won’t go hungry in Downtown Las Vegas. From Oscar’s Steakhouse, (as seen in the movie Casino) where martinis are all but mandatory to local favorite Pizza Rock slinging award winning slices - it’s pretty clear, you don’t need the strip for a good meal.
- Get thirsty: Cheers! You’re in Vegas after all, time to get some drinks. It’s all but mandatory to try one of Fremont Street’s famous giant slushies. Check out D Bar where the bartenders dance and the flavors are endless. Just watch out for the brain freeze. Another fave? Oak & Ivy, inside the Downtown Vegas Container Park. Their raft whiskey cocktails with seasonal ingredients are on a whole other level.
Where to find the best hotels in Downtown, Las Vegas
Looking for the best last-minute hotel deals in Downtown, Las Vegas? HotelTonight lets you book amazing hotels tonight, tomorrow or beyond at incredible rates. Just search Downtown, Las Vegas with HotelTonight and find a great hotel at an even better price.