Best Hotels in the Gold Coast, Chicago
Nestled against Lake Michigan’s coastline, the Gold Coast area of Chicago awaits your arrival. From sleek, modern mainstays with on-site lounges to upscale institutions with floor-to-ceiling window situations, we know what we’re talking about when it comes to Gold Coast hotels.
Known for its affluence, the Gold Coast has its fair share of high rises, upscale dining and the occasional dog stroller sighting. Even if you don’t share the lifestyle, the neighborhood is definitely worth checking out. And the hotels? Trust us, you’ll be on board.
Why We Love the Gold Coast, Chicago
High-end shopping, upscale dining and stunning architecture. Here’s just a few reasons why we’re fans of the Gold Coast.
- Hot hotels: The Gold Coast neighborhood of Chicago is an architectural gem, so it’s not surprising that its home to some killer hotels. From hip boutiques with much needed amenities to treat-yourself suites with bathtubs one only dreams of - we have a feeling you’ll love where you stay in the Gold Coast.
- Shop ‘til you drop: As one of the country’s most affluent areas, the Gold Coast neighborhood has shopping on lock. Everyone knows Magnificent Mile but have you met her cousin, Oak Street? This is the ultimate destination for luxury shopping in Chicago (or just window shopping).
- Eat it up: Ready to wine & dine? You’re all set in the Gold Coast. Here you can find some of the best restaurants in the city. For fans of American faire staple with over-the-moon service, try Somerset. If you’re feeling something with classic Chicago vibes, hit Gibson’s Steakhouses for desserts big enough for six. And if you just can’t decide, head to the ever-trendy Maple & Ash, where the tasting menu is aptly named “I dont give a f*@k” - no seriously. Bon appétit!
- Home sweet homes: Architecture nerds unite! While Chicago generally offers some of the best architecture in the country, there’s something special about the buildings in the Gold Coast neighborhood. Specifically in the historic district, where you can find homes in the Queen Anne, Richardsonian Romanesque and the Georgian Revival styles.
- Beach scene: In the summer, locals free themselves from their winter coats and flock to Oak Street beach off the Gold Coast. It’s quite the experience to lounge in the sand looking back at the spectacular skyline. Rentals range from beach chairs, volleyballs and bikes. Grab a quick beverage at Oak Street Beach Food + Drink.
Where to find the best hotels in the Gold Coast, Chicago
Looking for the best last-minute hotel deals in the Gold Coast? HotelTonight lets you book amazing hotels tonight, tomorrow or beyond at incredible rates. Just search Gold Coast, Chicago with HotelTonight and find a great hotel at an even better price.