Best Hotels in South Lake Tahoe, California
Takin’ a trip to Tahoe? We got you. A favorite retreat for ski lovers, South Lake Tahoe shouldn’t be slept on in the Summer. From cozy lodges just steps from the pristine lake beaches to quirky rustic takes on your typical mountain getaway — we know a thing or two about South Lake Tahoe hotels.
Known for being the ultimate ski destination for Northern California’s, South Lake Tahoe is picturesque all year round. Whether you’re taking jet skis out on the cool blue lake, hitting the slopes at Heavenly, or trying your hand at the slots — South Lake Tahoe has plenty to offer and we’ve got hotels to match.
Why We Love South Lake Tahoe
A NorCal treat from sunshine to snowflakes.
- Hip hotels: Looking for a home base in South Lake Tahoe? Look no further. From modern takes on throwback chic with seasonal pools and onsite coffee bars to classic resorts with daily breakfast on the house just steps from the gondola — we’ll find you the perfect hotel in South Lake Tahoe.
- Snow life: Ready to hit the slopes? You’re in the right place. Head to Heavenly Ski Resort in South Lake Tahoe to ski or snowboard over 90 runs at all different levels. Take a load off après-ski at Booyah’s located at the top of the tram or at open-air Steins. For kid friendly (and adult friendly) sledding head to Hansen's Snow Tube & Saucer Hill.
- Sun life: Time to hit the lake! Enjoy kayaking, paddle boarding, jet skiing and more in the bluest of blue lakes around. Take a spin on the Sierra Cloud Cruise for great views and a relaxing afternoon. Other summertime activities in South Lake Tahoe? Hiking Mount Tallac, visiting Vikingsholm Castle, and horseback riding at Camp Richardson Corral.
- Good eats: You might get pretty hungry after a day of adventure in South Lake Tahoe. Lucky for you, you’ve got options. Head to the Bistro for ultimate brunch. Lakeside Beach House for barbeque with a view. And Boathouse for fish tacos.
- Nightlife: Ready to party in South Lake Tahoe? Start at Basecamp Beer Garden for brews and a round of cornhole. Head to Opal Ultralounge for some serious dancing. Hit Fat Cat for a sports bar meets music venue. Try Whiskey Dicks for the ultimate dive bar experience.
Where to find the best hotels in South Lake Tahoe, California
Looking for the best last-minute hotel deals in South Lake Tahoe? HotelTonight lets you book amazing hotels tonight, tomorrow or beyond at incredible rates. Just search South Lake Tahoe with HotelTonight and find a great hotel at an even better price.