Best Hotels in Tahoe City, California
We’re all about a good ol’ mountain town. Tahoe City is one of our favorites. From stylish and rustic suites with craft beer in the lobby to tree clad hideouts complete with tennis courts — we know a thing or two about Tahoe City hotels.
When the seasons change, Tahoe City goes from a snow city to a lake city almost overnight. We recommend experiencing both. Whether you’re hitting the slopes at one of Tahoe’s many ski resorts, launching a boat out in the marina, enjoying a round at Tahoe City Golf Course, or just taking a hike — Tahoe City has plenty to offer and we’ve got hotels to match.
Why We Love Tahoe City, California
From the snow to the lake, these folks are outdoorsy.
- Hip hotels: Looking for a home base in Tahoe City? We got you. From modern suites with a hometown edge just minutes from the slopes to more traditional mountain lodges complete with breakfast buffet — we’ll find you the best hotel for your stay in Tahoe City.
- Winter days: There’s nothing like waking up to a fresh snowfall! In Tahoe City, you’ve got plenty of snow day activities to choose from. Head to TahoeXC for cross country skiing. Then hit the Tahoe City Winter Sports Park for sledding, ice skating & more. And of course, check out the many famous ski resorts for all day skiing or boarding like Heavenly or Squaw Valley.
- Summer days: Sun’s out in Tahoe City? The lake awaits! Lounge on beaches or explore the water with kayaks, paddleboards, or jet skis. If you’re more of a boat person, head to the Lake Forest Boat Ramp and set sail. If you’re just looking to get outside, enjoy a round at Tahoe City Golf Course.
- Good eats: All that activity is bound to work up an appetite. No better time to check out the local Tahoe City cuisine. Swing by Spoon for fresh finds like Veggie Goddess Salad. Then try Sunnyside for a local favorite - fried zucchini and other classics like Off the Hook Fish Tacos.
- More to explore: Want more Tahoe? Head out of Tahoe City and check out more Mountain Towns like South Lake Tahoe or explore Squaw Valley. Hit the slopes, stand on the California-Nevada border, and try your luck at the casinos.
Where to find the best hotels in Tahoe City, California
Looking for the best last-minute hotel deals in Tahoe City? HotelTonight lets you book amazing hotels tonight, tomorrow or beyond at incredible rates. Just search Tahoe City with HotelTonight and find a great hotel at an even better price.