Best Hotels in Goleta, California
California bound? You might find yourself in Goleta. This beachside sister city to Santa Barbara is quite the gem. From hip boutiques with onsite pools and al fresco dining options to charming inns with chilled-out suites and breakfast on the house — we know a thing or two about hotels in Goleta.
Originally named “The Good Land,” Goleta has a reputation for being an authentic, locals-only retreat in the area. Whether you’re peeping the dolphins at the beach, hitting the Playgrounds hiking trail, grabbing a local craft brew, or visiting the college town of Isla Vista — Goleta has plenty to offer and we’ve got hotels to match.
Why We Love Goleta
Locals only vibe in the California sun.
- Hip hotels: Need a place to land in Goleta? We’ve got you covered. From cool suites rocking all the amenities to trendy hot-spots you’ll wanna write home about — we’ll find you the ideal hotel for your trip to Goleta.
- Beachy keen: You really can’t come to a beach town without hitting the beach. The shores of Goleta Beach are quite the scene. Paddleboard out to catch the dolphins or ride the waves with the locals at Campus Point surf break. Wanna hang back? Lounge on the sand then check out the nearby Butterfly Grove.
- Off campus: Goleta neighbor’s closely with the University of California Santa Barbara and it’s local town of Isla Vista (often abbreviated as IV.) Known for its nightlife, this town rocks a party almost every night. Head to The Study Hall for a real college experience — no books required.
- Good eats: Getting hungry after all that exploring? You’re in luck. Swing by Cajun Kitchen Cafe for some NOLA style treats like crawfish ettouffe and beignets. Try out Uniboil for some serious hot pot. Or check out Chicken in a Barrel for classic barbecue.
- More to explore: Goleta is just one of many beach cities along the California coast. Head up to Santa Barbara for even more beach time, shopping, and more. Or head south for Carpinteria for classic surf town vibes.
Where to find the best hotels in Goleta, California
Looking for the best last-minute hotel deals in Goleta? HotelTonight lets you book amazing hotels tonight, tomorrow or beyond at incredible rates. Just search Goleta with HotelTonight and find a great hotel at an even better price.