Best Hotels in Long Island City, New York
Heading to NYC and looking to ditch the normal routine? Long Island City is your answer. This eccentric Queens neighborhood has ditched its industrial past to make way for a killer art scene, luxe developments and sweet hotels.
Just a stone’s throw from Manhattan, Long Island City, New York, is an off-the-beaten path destination you’ll fall in love with. Whether you’re checking out the views at Gantry State Plaza Park, soaking up the art at MOMA PS1, or just want a good old-fashion bar crawl, Long Island City has plenty to do with hotels to match.
Why We Love Long Island City
Even if you skew more Brooklyn than Queens, you gotta admit Long Island City is worth the visit. Here are just a few of the many reasons why we think Long Island City is your next favorite spot.
- Happenin’ hotels: Duh. Hotels in Long Island City are bursting with flavor from within the neighborhood art scene and have sweet amenities to match. From loft-inspired rooms to rooftops complete with cocktails and 360 views, Long Island City hotels bring it when it comes to a place to stay.
- Culture shock: Long Island City is a must for art fans. The neighborhood is flooded with galleries, museums and studios housed in 19th century industrial buildings. Plus, who can forget MOMA PS1? One of the oldest nonprofit contemporary art institutes in the country, MOMA PS1 offers exhibitions and events like no other.
- Skyline love: Is there really anything better than a great view? Peep the jaw-dropping skyline from Gantry State Plaza Park to see what we’re talking about. Why stay in Manhattan, when Long Island City has the best vantage point of the city that never sleeps.
- Easy Access: Long Island City is a great alternative to more popular New York City areas. Not only will you experience something new but it’s easy to get wherever you want to go. Just at the edge of Queens, a quick bike ride will take you to Brooklyn, a 12-minute subway ride will get you to Midtown and of course there’s always the Queensboro bridge.
- Fit for Queens: While staying in Long Island City, the Queens borough just waits to be explored. Catch the Mets at Citi Field, spend a day at Flushing Meadows, explore the breweries and don’t forget to try an Italian Ice.
Where to find the best hotels in Long Island City, New York
Looking for the best last-minute hotel deals in Long Island City? HotelTonight lets you book amazing hotels tonight, tomorrow or beyond at incredible rates. Just search Long Island City, New York with HotelTonight and find a great hotel at an even better price.