Best Hotels in Santa Barbara, California
If you’re looking for breathtaking views of the California coast, Santa Barbara is a great place to start. From the mountains to the sea, this coastal town is an absolute dream for travelers. From charming inns mere steps from the sands to luxe boutiques with Spanish flair — we know all about hotels in Santa Barbara.
Known for its picturesque scenes, unbeatable climate, and vibrant wine scene — it’s hard to find a better getaway than Santa Barbara. Whether you’re strolling down the famous State Street, putting toes to sand at East Beach, soaking up some history at the Old Mission or dining al fresco at Stearns Wharf — Santa Barbara has plenty to offer and we’ve got hotels to match.
Why We Love Santa Barbara
Seaside escape with a Spanish colonial heritage.
- Charming hotels: Looking for the ultimate hotel in Santa Barbara? We got you. From all out showstoppers with four poster beds and rainfall showerheads to lowkey inns with evening wine and cheese — we’ll find you your ideal place to stay in Santa Barbara.
- SIghtseeing: While you might visit Santa Barbara strictly to hang on the beach, there’s plenty more to see if you’re up for it. The Mission Santa Barbara was founded in 1786 and still operates as a Catholic church today — visit to marvel at the Spanish Colonial architecture. Although tiny, the Santa Barbara Zoo has been a child favorite across the nation for many years — make sure you feed the giraffes. If plants are more your thing, explore the Santa Barbara Botanical Garden, home to over 1,000 species of rare and indigenous plants.
- Wine & dine: If you’re a wine fan, Santa Barbara is definitely the spot for you. With dozens of tasting rooms and wineries around town, you’re sure to find a new favorite (or five.) Start at Alma Rosa for some of the first Santa Barbara Pinots and Chardonnays. Then try Babcock for something a little more rock’n’roll — antler chandeliers and mid-century furnishings? Sign us up. Finish the day with dinner at Santa Barbara institution, Brophy Bros.
- Shop it up: There are few things more quintessential to Santa Barbara than shopping. Especially outdoors. Wander the stunning outdoor mall, Paseo Nuevo, for a seemingly endless maze of shops, eateries, and more. Then follow State Street for more indie boutiques and galleries.
- More to explore: There are many beach cities along the California coast to explore outside of Santa Barbara. Head to Goleta for even more beach time and a taste of the college experience. Or head south for Carpinteria for classic surf town vibes.
Where to find the best hotels in Santa Barbara, California
Looking for the best last-minute hotel deals in Santa Barbara? HotelTonight lets you book amazing hotels tonight, tomorrow or beyond at incredible rates. Just search Santa Barbara with HotelTonight and find a great hotel at an even better price.