Best Hotels in Truckee, California
Headed to Truckee? Let’s get outdoors! From lakeside lodges with all the rustic charm to lowkey suites with the amenities you crave — we know all about Truckee hotels.
Just outside Lake Tahoe, Truckee is a historic lodging town with an Old West vibe and a creative edge. Whether you’re exploring the Tahoe alternative, Donner Lake, hitting the up & coming gallery scene, tasting local craft beers, or trekking to one of the nearby ski resorts — Truckee has plenty to offer and we’ve got hotels to match.
Why We Love Truckee
Quaint western town with an edge.
- Solid hotels: Looking for a home base in Truckee? Look no further. From no-frills stopovers rocking breakfast on the house to picturesque lodges with easy lake access — we’ll find you the perfect hotel in Truckee.
- Great outdoors: Ready for an adventure? Truckee is ready for you. In the winter, head to one of the many ski resorts nearby (shout out to Squaw Valley) or take a snowmobile ride through the Tahoe national forest. In the summer you’ve got other options including: choose from rafting, swimming, rock climbing, and horseback riding. For a scenic bike ride, follow the 2.75-mile Truckee River Legacy Trail.
- Good eats: After you’ve worked up an appetite outdoors, it’s time to delve into Truckee’s unlikely food scene. Check out Stella for a luxe dining experience — peking style squab, anyone? Head to Pianeta for Italian faves like beef carpaccio and pasta di olio. Or hit Drunken Monkey for unexpected sushi specialties.
- Arts scene: Truckee is overflowing with local galleries to get your art on. Check out Gallery 5830’, Mountain Arts Collective, or Riverside Studios for starters. Discover independent sculptists, woodworkers, glass-blowers, and more. Head to the independent bookstore, Word After Word, for indie finds and a Truckee history lesson.
- More to explore: Real into mountain towns? There’s lots to discover in the Tahoe area. Head out of Truckee for South Lake Tahoe, Squaw Valley, or Tahoe City. Hit the slopes, stand on the California-Nevada border, and try your luck at the casinos.
Where to find the best hotels in Truckee, California
Looking for the best last-minute hotel deals in Truckee? HotelTonight lets you book amazing hotels tonight, tomorrow or beyond at incredible rates. Just search Truckee with HotelTonight and find a great hotel at an even better price.