Best Hotels in Santa Cruz, California
We’re big fans of the Cruz. Killer surf, larger-than-life redwoods and some real friendly people. What more could you want? Oh yeah, sweet hotels. They’ve got those, too, and we know where to find them. From retro-chic reno’d rooms with sweeping sunset views to dreamy beachfront locales with choice of ocean or pool — we know what’s up when it comes to hotels in Santa Cruz.
Santa Cruz isn’t your average California town. Things go way beyond the world famous Beach Boardwalk. Whether you’re taking in the lush forest on a hike to Big Basin, getting a little weird at the Mystery Spot, hitting the boutiques downtown or posing by the colorful houses on Capitola Beach — Santa Cruz has plenty to offer and we’ve got hotels to match.
Why We Love Santa Cruz, California
Laid back lifestyle from the beach to the forest. Here’s why we love Santa Cruz
- Sweet hotels: Looking for a nice place to crash in Santa Cruz? You know we got you. From wharf adjacent ‘60s style rooms with private balconies and onsite bars to right-on-the-beach inns rocking freebie breakfast and cozy details — we know just the hotels you want to stay at in Santa Cruz.
- Beach bound: When in Santa Cruz, it’s hard to miss the iconic Beach Boardwalk featuring the historic Giant Dipper roller coaster (built in 1924!). If that’s too much to handle, head down to Main Beach or Cowell Beach for some sunbathing and swimming. If you really want something different, head to Capitola Beach for a real old school vibe.
- Great outdoors: Santa Cruz is a town to see outside. For unforgettable views, head to West Cliff Drive for six-miles of walking or bike riding along the coastline. For botanical fans, check out the U.C. Santa Cruz Arboretum in the Santa Cruz Mountains.
- Downtown sites: In the heart of Santa Cruz, you’ll find a quaint downtown area filled with shops, restaurants and kiosks. Enjoy outdoor dining and a taste of the city’s music scene in the summertime.
- Hidden gems: Santa Cruz is the perfect place to find hole-in-the-wall spots and locals-only faves. Head to All Shook Up for the ultimate vintage treasure hunt, get the hometown feels at not-your-average dive bar, Oak & Ale, and grab a “deal with a view” at Crow’s Nest.
Where to find the best hotels in Santa Cruz, California
Looking for the best last-minute hotel deals in Santa Cruz? HotelTonight lets you book amazing hotels tonight, tomorrow or beyond at incredible rates. Just search Santa Cruz with HotelTonight and find a great hotel at an even better price.