We’re thrilled to share details on the new features we introduced at Google I/O today!
We’re demoing some amazing new and upcoming features for our Android app at the conference, including Express Check-In and Keyless Entry, to help make your hotel experience more fun and more seamless than ever.
With Express Check-In, HT guests can bypass the check-in process and get straight to enjoying their night. Simply tap to request Express Check-In after booking a room, and your room will be assigned and keys will be ready and waiting when check-in time comes around! The Express Check-In feature is currently in pilot with select hotels on the HotelTonight iPhone app, and will be rolling out to additional hotels and Android in the coming weeks.
Keyless Entry (powered by Brivo Labs) lets HT guests unlock their hotel rooms with the app – no more lost or demagnetized keys! HotelTonight and Brivo Labs are in talks with several global hotel chains to debut this feature in the future.
Finally, we’re demoing a fleet of other cool new features (available now in Version 4.4.4 of the Android app) at Google I/O, including:
• Google’s Places Autocomplete API – to help you search for and quickly find hotels near millions of cities and points of interests
• Google Street View – so you can check out the 360-degree surroundings of your hotel
• Google Now – to help you quickly get directions, call the hotel, view your email receipt, and, in one tap, access your current booking in the • HT app
• Google Sign-In /Google Wallet Instant Buy – to make booking and payment simpler than ever
• Download the latest version of the Android app to take advantages of these features. And if you’ll be at Google I/O, make sure to stop by to say hi and check ‘em out live!